(A) Setup QuickBooks plugin in Zetpy
1. Login to your Zetpy control panel.
2. Go to Plugins > Click on Add Plugin tab.
3. You will see the QuickBooks Intuit. Click on Add button.
4. Click on Install button and you are done.
(B) Get QBO API Key from QuickBooksIntuit Developer
i. Before you create an account as below, make sure you have an account on QuickBooks Online.
ii. In here, you will learn how to get credentials from QuickBooks Intuit Developer. Click here for more details or refer steps below.
1. Go to QuickBooks Intuit Developer to create and login account.
2. Click on Dashboard > Create an app.
3. Click on QuickBooks Online and Payments.
4. Insert your App name and select Accounting. Then, click Create app.
5. Go to Production Settings.
6. Fill in 'Terms of Service Links' as follows:
I. End User License Agreement URL - https://www.zetpy.com
7. Fill up App URLs as follows:
I. Host Domain - app.zetpy.com
II. Launch URL - https://app.zetpy.com/qbo
III. Disconnect URL - https://app.zetpy.com/qbo/disconnect
8. Tick to Categorize your app as follows:
b. Contract Management
c. Customer Management
d. Customer Order Management
e. Data Management
f. Inventory Management
i. Purchase Order Management
9. Tick 'None of the above' for Tell us about regulated industries that use your app.
10. Choose Malaysia as country on 'Where is your app hosted?' question.
11. Insert IP addresses details as follow:
IP address: 188.8.131.52 - Single IP address
IP address: 184.108.40.206 - Single IP address
12. Click Save once done.
13. Go to Keys & Credentials.
Note: Click here on more details to Updated process to get production keys.
14. Complete and click on Go to the app assessment questionnaire, so QBO will give you a client ID and client secret.
15. Click on Start questionnaire.
16. Select your app name > General Questions.
17. Answer the questionnaire based on the screenshot below.
Q: Has your company ever received any complaints, lawsuits, or investigative requests from regulatory authorities or government agencies?
Q: Have you worked with legal counsel to understand any regulatory requirements or other considerations related to your business activities and use of user data?
Q. Have you reviewed and confirmed that you will comply with the security policies found here?
A: Yes, I confirm that my app will comply with the security policies found above
Q: Apps that use Intuit APIs (whether public or private) need to be relevant and clearly related to QuickBooks, accounting, payments, workflows, finance, and other acceptable uses.
Is your app designed for either of the following:
- To enhance, streamline, or improve yours or others’ QuickBooks experience
- To facilitate a business process (e.g. syncing QBO data to another service)
Q: Are you or any of your representatives (including owners, affiliated parties, associated parties or any beneficiaries):
(i) on any sanctions lists in the countries available in the app store or
(ii) doing business in any of the US embargoed countries (which includes the Crimea region, Donetsk People's Republic (DNR), Luhansk People's Republic (LNR) of Ukraine, North Korea, Iran, Cuba, and the Syrian Arab Republic)?
18. Scroll down and click Next tab.
19. On App Information tab, tick 'You were asked to create this app in order to get credentials/keys to be used on another platform that integrates with QuickBooks'.
Insert this link below under 'Provide a link to the instructions that told you to create a new app'.
Tutorial link: https://support.zetpy.com/help/how-to-setup-the-quickbooks-intuit-in-zetpy
Q: Have you added some form of Re-CAPTCHA to your site or app to prevent fraudulent transactions?
20. Done! Check your submission status.
After completed with approved results, you can continue with the steps below.
21. Go back to Key & credentials tab and update the correct Redirect URls link: https://app.zetpy.com/qbo/callback
22. Copy Client ID & Client Secret to paste in Zetpy QBO plugin."
23. Click Connect To QBO.
(C) Enable settings in QBO plugin
1. Click on Settings button.
2. On Import Product Settings, you can see:
i. Auto Sync Price: Auto update price from QBO to Zetpy Product Core.
ii. Auto Sync Stock: Auto update stock from QBO > Products > Marketplace/Webstore.
iii. Auto Sync Products: Auto sync products from QBO to Zetpy Product Core.
iv. Last Product Fetch Date: Set today's date or prior to this date.
3. On Import Order Settings, you can see:
i. Auto Sync Orders: Select order manually and will sync every 5 minutes.
ii. Sync Shipping Cost: Shipping fee in the orders.
You can click here for more details about how to enable the shipping/handling on the invoice in Quickbooks.
iii. Sync Vouchers: Vouchers provided by platform and seller.
You can click here for more details about how to enable the discount line to an invoice in Quickbooks.
iv. Use Marketplace Order Ref as Invoice Number: Only enable this if you want to use marketplace Order ID. Disable this if you want to use QBO numbering.
You can click here for more details about how to enable the custom transaction numbers (invoice) in Quickbooks.
a. Custom Field 1: Custom field in QBO invoice to show the order from which marketplace and which account.
b. Custom Field 2: Custom field in QBO invoice to show the order reference number from the marketplace or online platform.
c. Custom Field 3: Custom field in QBO invoice to show the order with the discount code.
You can click here for more details about how to add custom fields to invoices in Quickbooks.
Zetpy account view
4. On Import Order Locations and Customer Settings, you can see:
i. Marketplace: Marketplace & Webstore platform name.
ii. Location: Select location if you want to map these order under this location.
You can click here for more details about how to set up and use location tracking in Quickbooks.
Turn on location tracking
Add a location
iii. Customer: Fill up exactly the same customer name here if you want to map all orders under this customer.
You can click here for more details about how to add customers in Quickbooks.
5. Click on Sync Departments.
6. Last but not least, click on the Save button.
You need to set up your sales tax inside QuickBooks. Click here for more details.
1. Go to Taxes and click on Add Tax.
2. Click on Tax Rate.
3. Insert Tax name, Tax agency, Sales rate (%) and other necessary information.
4. Click Save once done.
If you have any issues or questions, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.